I have to say, I am getting kind of sick of waiting too. The lack of updates is also disappointing. It is not true to say that they are updating us every step of the way... it has been a long time since the front page to-do list was updated, and going by that list we still have the final mould of case, CE/FCC testing, mass production test run, mass production, shipping, delivery to us... and more. They didn't tell us about the keyboard mould being finished until the key mats were delivered. These things have all taken longer than predicted, and many without updates. I predicted in about February that I wouldn't get a Pandora until at least the end of June, and now I think that might have been optimistic. And yes, other companies do delay products for a long time, but they don't ask you to pay for them first. We are not used to this and it is pretty annoying. Maybe even enough to piss you off sometimes (not me really, but I guess I'm pretty chilled
However, I also understand that this project is unique, and unforeseen things will happen. This is also a first for the OpenPandora team and they are on a learning curve. I wouldn't want to be in their position, it must be very stressful. Perhaps they could have at least given us better estimates, but maybe sometimes if they told us all the bad news too many people would despair and withdraw their orders and we wouldn't see the device. For example, I know that they were having some issues they haven't told us about because I was at one point able to see the hidden developers forum on gp32x (when the forums went down). I think that ultimately, the wait will be worth it. And I think that we have almost no choice. For most of us it just comes down to, "do you want a Pandora or not?" - if yes, then you'll have to wait for it. I do feel a little misled, but it will be a fantastic and unique device, and I am willing to wait for it despite the issues.